Earlier today, the Office for National Statistics announced that unemployment has fallen to a new low. Here in Wallasey, there are 2,260 people out of work and claiming benefits, compared to 2,968 when Labour left office in 2010.
- Across the UK, the unemployment rate is at its lowest level since 1974 - at 3.8%
- Full time employment is at a record high, and up by almost 3 million since 2010.
- There are 438,000 fewer young people out of work since 2010 almost halving since 2010.
- There are 1.8 million more women in work since 2010
- The number of disabled people in work has increased by 1.3 million, and is now at a record high with the number of disabled people out of work at a record low