Review of the 2019 Party Conference by first time attendee, Max Booth:
- arrived on the Saturday to be welcomed with drinks, food and fellow YC’s.
- first official day at cpc19 saw me go to the YC newcomers reception to meet fellow Conservatives alike.
- this followed with my attendance at HMG of Gibraltar and Conservative friends of Tamil with more food and drink ?.
- breakfast session at the Campaign force meeting for veterans.
- This was followed by speeches from Matt Hancock, Andrea Leadsom, Esther Mcvey, Liz Truss, Mr Mogg and Gove and the main event of the chancellor.
- To top day 2 off I attended the Northern reception in the evening with a special guest... the PM who I got a cheeky selfie with along with most ministers throughout conference.
- kicked of with Moggcast followed by a Brexit backing panel including business man Tim Martin and chairwoman of Global Brexit group and then Priti Patel's great speech.
- The evening was topped of with the DUP event with key speeches from Dodds, Foster and yet again the PM!
- Followed by the British overseas territories reception and the BAE systems future with Ben Wallace.
- and then the main day of conference saw a wait of 2 and a half hours to hear Boris Johnson’s fantastic speech.
Conference was great overall I would recommend it to anyone involved in the party. You meet new people, meet ministers, visit an array of exhibition stores and just enjoying the unified atmosphere of the Conservative movement!
Max Booth is the YC Co-Ordinator for Wallasey and Moreton