We will grow Wirral's economy by reducing taxes on jobs and helping more people to get the skills they need or to start their own businesses. We will help the lowest paid by raising the National Living Wage.
So far, we have:
- Reduced the number of people in Wirral with no qualifications - from 34,000 under Labour to 18,000 people now.
- Helped more than 4,000 Wirral residents come off benefits and move into work
- Supported the creation of 2,000 new businesses in the Borough since 2010
- Created the Wirral Enterprise Zone to encourage more new jobs and skills
Nationally, Conservatives have:
- Created 2.5 million new apprenticeships since 2010
- Delivered the lowest unemployment rate of any major European economy
- Helped more than 100,000 people start their own business
- The biggest public sector pay rise in almost a decade