We have arranged to 'walk' the route that affects Wallasey Ward (Seaview Road, Hose Side Road, Grove Road and Warren Drive) with one of the Council Directors, so that he can see for himself the issues that residents have raised with Ian Lewis, Lesley Rennie and Paul Hayes.
We have produced some window posters to be displayed by residents along the route - we can either drop these in to people, you can download one from the link below or, if you can, deliver some to a road or roads nearby. We have also set up a crowdfunding appeal to raise money to pay for this campaign.
On Friday, we wrote to the Secretary of State for Transport, following his comments that he was concerned some councils were abusing their powers and failing to consult residents on
How you can help:
1. Register for updates: fill in the survey at the bottom of this page and we'll keep in touch with by email on this issue.
2. Donate to our crowdfunding appeal to pay for posters, a full page advert in the Globe or the next newsletter update. We are aiming to raise £1,000.
3. Display a poster: if you had one delivered through your door or download and print one from the link below.
4. Deliver some posters or newsletters on this issue to neighbours or a road nearby. Email Ian if you can help in this way.
On 3 June, the Government announced £10m from the Emergency Active Travel Fund would be allocated to councils in Merseyside, including Wirral. Conservative councillors welcomed this additional cash but urged the Council to consult with residents on any proposed changes. You can read that news article in the Wirral Globe here.
On 14 July, councillors in Wallasey were shown detailed plans for the first time. We again asked for details of how residents living alongside the proposed route (Wheatland Lane, Liscard Road, Seaview Road, Hose Side Road, Grove Road and Warren Drive) would be consulted over the plans to:
- Remove on street parking for most residents on the route
- Remove disabled parking bays
- Remove some pedestrian refuges (traffic islands)
- Remove the Hose Side Road roundabout
- Remove the Grove Road roundabout
We were promised that this leaflet would be delivered to every house in Wallasey, ahead of the deadline for responses to the 'official' consultation that closed on 6 September. Not a single resident has told us they have received that leaflet. So, to make sure people are aware, we wrote to 800 households living on the Wallasey Ward part of the route and delivered that ourselves on Bank Holiday Monday.
|Email update issued on Friday 4 September||235.71 KB|
|Email update issued on Sunday 6 September||119.22 KB|
|Email update issued on Saturday 12 September||148.84 KB|
|Window poster||12.87 KB|
|Letter to Secretary of State for Transport||60.67 KB|