Chris Blakeley was first elected as Councillor for Moreton and Saughall Massie and then re-elected in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016. He is currently the Conservative Group Chief Whip and he also serves as Spokesperson on the Council's Constitutional and Oversight Committee
Chris was born and bred in West Kirby and apart from a year working in Cornwall has lived in Wirral all his life, the last 40 years in Moreton. Chris’s professional life has consisted of working in the food industry for 30 years and latterly working for an MP, as Head of Office.
Chris has a wide experience within the Wirral community, having served:
- three years as a school governor.
- a board member of Wirral Partnership Homes (now magenta Living) for three years.
- a board member of the Merseyside Integrated Transport Authority (Merseytravel) for four years
Chris’s focus for Moreton and Saughall Massie
- to protect our surrounding green belt, parks and open spaces from unwanted and inappropriate developments.
- protect and enhance our leisure services, such as not selling off our beloved parks or closing down local libraries.
- to fight the Labour led Council for fair share of funding to help regenerate our town
- to fight for affordable housing to give young people the best opportunity to get on the housing ladder.
- to ensure that Wirral is a clean, green safe area with opportunities and activities for all.
|Moreton & Saughall Massie Newsline January 2019||256.6 KB|
|Reporting Back - November 2018||568.23 KB|
|Newsline (September 2018) for Moreton and Saughall Massie||576.29 KB|
|Moreton & Saughall Massie Newsline (June/July 2018)||323.18 KB|
|Newsline (January 2018) for Moreton and Saughall Massie||714.92 KB|
|Newsline (November) for Moreton and Saughall Massie||352.98 KB|