James Baker is the new Conservative candidate for Wallasey and Moreton, hoping to reclaim the seat for the party and offer a fresh start as a new MP for the area.
He is a former barrister who has spent almost a decade advising major UK businesses on communications. James has advised some the country’s best known brands on sustainability, mergers and major deals across various business sectors.
James is a school governor, where he has seen first hand the need to properly fund our schools, as well as a trustee and mentor for a charity committed to social mobility in the PR industry.
As well as this, James has also been a champion of securing the drug Spinraza for those with SMA, a champion for The Disabled Children’s Partnership as well as Spinal Muscular Atrophy UK and supports charities such as War Child and the Kaleidoscope Trust.
In addition James is committed to social mobility, securing employment and local jobs, animal welfare and tackling climate change.
James’ priorities for Wallasey and Moreton include:
- Delivering the Prime Minister’s Brexit Deal to provide certainty for jobs and the economy
- Securing a fair share of the extra 20,000 police coming so we have more out on the streets of Wallasey
- Championing our fantastic NHS and getting more funding for our nurses and front line staff
- Protecting pensioner support such as free prescriptions, bus passes and the winter fuel allowance
- Improving local transport, especially the rail and bus services including better accessibility for all at Wallasey Village Station
- Backing businesses and creating more local jobs for local residents
“I want James on the green benches behind me as one of our 2019 intake, because he’s a seasoned campaigner, a true Conservative and a champion of One Nation values. Wallasey would be lucky to have him as their MP.”
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister
|Newspaper for Labour voters who voted 'Leave'||1.79 MB|
|General Election leaflet||1.75 MB|
|Introductory leaflet for voters||1005.94 KB|
|Window poster||167.64 KB|
|Letter to residents||752.11 KB|
|The choice at this election||1.13 MB|
|Our plan for pensioners||1004.73 KB|